What is the Best Flea & Tick Prevention? Protect Your Pet, Family & Home
WHAT IS THE BEST FLEA & TICK PREVENTION? PROTECT YOUR PET, FAMILY & HOME
Winchester area pet owners - Although a year-round problem, spring means we see an increase in fleas and ticks, which is bad news for your pets and your family.
Despite their tiny size, fleas and ticks can cause misery for your pet. They can stimulate allergies, cause infections and transmit infections and disease, not only to your pet but to you and your family.
If you see fleas, there are already eggs and larvae developing in your carpets and bedding. Ticks can carry fatal disease like Lyme disease.
Did you know that all flea and tick preventatives are not created equally? Your choice could go a long way in how well your pet is prevented from parasitic infestations. There are a few questions to discuss with your veterinarian in determining the best flea and tick prevention for your pet.
- Is your pet outside often? Do they leave your property? Do you take your pet to remote areas for exercise or in the woods, etc?
- Does your pet have a lot of contact with other pets, like at a dog park, or do you have multiple pets in the home?
- Can you easily remember to regularly give your pet the preventative monthly?
- Do you have a budget in mind?
Plaza Pet Clinic carries the best flea and tick preventions to cater to different pet lifestyles and family budgets:
- Nexgard is a tasty chew given monthly to dogs to kill adult fleas before they lay eggs and kill ticks.
- Revolution is applied topically each month to cats and kills adult fleas; prevents flea eggs from hatching, treats and controls roundworm and hookworm infections and ear mites and protects against heartworm disease for 4 weeks.
- Seresto is an easy-to-use, odorless collar that kills and repels fleas and ticks for 8 continuous months. It also aids in the treatment and control of sarcoptic mange and kills lice.